Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

New Decade!

Today I hit the big milestone of turning 3-0! This one was hard for me and I don't know why. It isn't about getting "old", I guess it was more about trying to figure out who I am, I thought by the time I was 30 I would know who I am but I am definitely still trying to figure that out. I guess we are always evolving as a person but I can honestly say I have done some major evolving over the last 2 years! haha My 20's have been bittersweet... Some of the most joyous and wonderful things have happened in my life in my 20's and for those things I am beyond blessed. I had never put a "timeline" on my life but I can't believe that by 30, I married my best friend, got our first sweet fur baby and was blessed to have two of the most beautiful children in the world! On the flip side my 20's have been some of the hardest years of my life, I have had struggles and worries and have dealt with some pretty tough issues. Issues I never thought I would have to face, ever. As I look back on my 20's I have to say that I don't regret the path of life I  have been down. Are there things that I wish were different, of course? Are there things that I wish I could take back, sure? But really, everything that has happened until now has lead me to where I am today and led me to start figuring out who I am and have a closer relationship with God... how could that be a regret? So as I say farewell to my 20's I wave a hearty goodbye to the hardships and a slow nostalgic goodbye to some of those most wonderful first in my life but I will choose to remember the good and leave the not so good in my 20's. My favorite line that I heard in church lately is "Your past is forgiven and your future is settled!" There is such a peace about that!

Tex and I on our wedding day 09/10/2004
Molly Templeton 04/15/2005


My first pregnancy!!! I miss this so much! Pregnant with Palmer 12/31/2006
The Birth of Our Son Palmer 05/22/2007
The Birth of our Beautiful Daughter Ann Mason 02/16/2009

One of the things I feel most blessed about in my life is my friends and family. I seriously don't know where I would be without you all! You have been there for me in ways I could never re-pay! I am SO lucky to have a lot of silver and gold friends, I LOVE that! Especially the saying "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is Silver and the Other Gold!" Truly blessed for all of the silver and gold in my life!!! I am really looking forward to my 30's and everything they shall bring! I have heard that your 30's are a great time in your life and I can't wait to find out!

2 comments:

Lynette Lawson said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have such a way with words...you should be a writer. Just letting you know I enjoy reading about you & your fairly tale life.

Sylvia said...

From my eyes....you have accomplished soooo much in 30 years. You are a person I look up to and hope all your excellent qualities continue to rub off on me.
PS- I can't believe Molly was ever that small. So much cuter that way!