Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pulling Myself Up By My Bootstraps

I have always heard of the phrase "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" but I never knew what it meant. When I looked it up it means "To improve your situation thru your own efforts" I have been on the pity pot this past week BAD. I have had a poor attitude, a poor outlook and a poor everything else!! haha I just can't seem to get out of this funk that I am in. I am so mentally and emotionally exhausted from worrying about what will happen next, will Tex get a job, where will we live, where will the kids go to school, what if he doesn't get a job, blah, blah, blah. Worrying has always been natural for me, I have wasted so much energy on worrying throughout my life!

I talked to my awesome friend today thru email and we were sharing stories that we had heard recently that were just heartbreaking. I have to realize that my situation is NOT that bad and I told her that if given the choice we would always pick our own problems compared to everyone else!! I think attitude has a lot to do with everything and I am desperately trying to change mine and be excited about what is to come instead of full of fear about the future! Hopefully this will happen thru prayer and perseverance because I have a lot to be thankful for and I don't want to be wasting my time worrying about all of the things I don't have but cherish the things I do!

One good thing about this weekend was our trip to Nashville to see the Moody's. Kelly is like my sister we have been friends since we were 14 and she had a daughter Caroline just 10 days after Ann Mason, so it is fun to get together and visit and let everyone play! Here are some pics from the trip:


Annie and I
My big girl eating her birthday cupcake from Aunt Kelly
Caroline and I! This girl is HILARIOUS, she has got the funniest personality!
Caroline and Ann Mason sharing their birthday cupcakes!
Palmer and the girls! Poor Palmer he was a trooper with those girls all day!
Palmer and Caroline although no one is looking! I think Palmer secretly liked pretending like he had two sisters but it is a lot of work with those two!

Random of the Day: I blow dried Palmer and Ann Mason's hair for the first time last night. Palmer got the idea from Great Clips because they blow dried his hair when they cut it this weekend. I think I have started a new "thing" in our house they LOVED it! I have to post pics! Ann Mason cracked me up, she looked like she had a full salon blow out by the time I was done, her hair was so fluffy and big!!! My family keeps me smiling and as long as we hang in there together everything will be just fine!!!

No comments: