Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Andy's Run

Wow! I am just blogging about my weekend and it is already almost the weekend again, I swear I don't know where time goes :) This past weekend was one of those weekends that brought me to tears several times just thinking about how blessed I am. I don't say this in a "My life is easy all of the time, I have no problems, everything is great and perfect" type of way but more of a reflection of where I have been and where I am now in my life physically, emotionally, mentally, etc...

Lately God just keeps showing up by sending me signs and people that he is placing in my life just at the right time and the right place! I feel incredibly blessed by the journey that God has led me on, it has been rocky and rewarding, trying and triumphant, emotionally draining and emotionally fulfilling all at the same time. I truly feel so appreciative of where I am in my life today and the serenity that I feel today is indescribable!
Ok, so wow! Back to the weekend! I got to go in for a very bittersweet reason to Louisville. My best friends Sarah's brother died at 21 in 2006 in a drunk driving accident, he was not the driver. You can go to his website Run For Andy and read more about it. This is the second year that I have been a part of this amazing day! I went to Louisville Friday night and got to see my niece Belle and Ashley for a while which is always awesome and then I hit PF Changs with some of my favorite gals in the whole world!
Lauren and Sarah!

Christina and Erin

Bettye and I
After dinner we went to a meeting and then back to Laurens house for a slumber party! Holy Cow, I can't stay up all night anymore :) We went to bed at 2 am after talking, laughing, painting our nails,etc.. and then got up at 5:30 to get ready for the race! I thought I was going to fall asleep sitting up



 Here is the front of the stadium into the race.


Sarah and Rodger before the race

 Brittany and I
 Erin, Wayne and Ashley (they all ran the race


All of the girls no these are not gang signs ha we were holding up 4's for Andy's football number 

Ashley finishing the race, I was so proud and jealous of her running maybe one day I can start running or even walking without the kids and the dog following me
It was an awesome time with amazing people the event is a reminder that life is so short and Andy was an incredible example of how to live

No comments: