Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

Mothers Day Weekend was the BEST! We had a BUSY weekend and I have some fun pictures. We had more soccer games and birthday parties and I survived my very first Owensboro BBQ festival! Sunday was hands down the best though!

I have to admit I had a bit of a selfish moment the past week because part of me felt like mothers day wasn't ALL about me :) I kind of felt like no one asked me what I wanted to do but just kind of told me where and when I needed to be somewhere. I now realize that, that was selfish of me! Mothers Day isn't ALL about me :) instead it is about celebrating and honoring the women who are mothers and who have led by example and taught the next generation how to walk with grace in their journey into motherhood.
Yes, some of the day is ALL about me :) but I realize that it is not complete unless I share that honor with those around me that are so important on my journey. My father in law said in his sermon that Mothers Day can either be a day of intense joy or a day of intense sorrow. He went on to say that a lot of people among us would give anything to have their families with them on this day, especially their mothers. There are so many women who are struggling with becoming moms for various reasons. He told us that if you have your families with you today you should be immensely grateful. I looked to both sides of me and saw my family and I realized he was EXACTLY right. I immediately felt a little guilt and shame over my attitude this past week but I knew I was hearing exactly what I needed to hear! I am immensely grateful! For ALL of the women in my life, some moms and some not, that have taught me the true meaning of unconditional love! I would have loved if my mom could have been sitting by me at church but I get to see her in a few weeks and that makes me excited!

The day was perfect starting with Ann Mason being SO excited for me to wake up because she wanted to do the big "reveal". I closed my eyes and she screamed OPEN and I saw this sweet smile and beautiful gift!  


I was floored! I usually cry but I couldn't because I just was so in awe that Tex came up with this all on his own (he didn't even use pinterest! ha! ) By far the best gift I could have ever imagined. Annie was SO proud of what her and Palmer created it made my heart melt!

Tex often teaches me to focus on the more important things in life. It is in my personality to get wrapped up in schedules, menus, activities, BILLS, what if's. He doesn't.... when Tex tells me everything will be ok, I get mad because I wish upon wishes I could be more like him! He TRULY doesn't waiver, in his mind everything WILL be alright and guess what it always is! 

I am blessed to have an amazing husband, healthy children and an amazing support system of family and friends that are irreplaceable. The day was perfect in every sense of the word! I am happy to say that my moods are still improving and my night sickness is A LOT better too!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! Thank you for being selfless each and every day!



No comments: