Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

An Aha Moment!


"Forgiveness is giving up the hope, that the past could have been any different!"

Ok, so Aha moments I guess can come at anytime and any place! Well, I found mine on facebook. Apparently Oprah had a show today in which this quote was used and posted and re-posted on facebook. It wasn't until I read it several times that it really resonated with me! My whole life I wished that I could change the past or that my past might have been different and if it had maybe things would have been easier, better, normal, whatever I made up in my mind. But the past is just that... the past and by forgiving myself I get to allow myself to realize that the past couldn't have been any different! What a relief!
I heard at church recently that spiritual people should feel more content than anyone else about their lives. It was said that " Your past is forgiven and your future is settled" Everytime I say that I feel such security and relief that as long as I live my best life I will be find serenity and that is all I really long for!

Philippians 4:6-7


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus

No comments: