Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Oh it makes me tear up to even write this post! At this time 2 years ago I was having my c-section and getting ready to experience double the love than I ever thought possible. I can still remember so clearly having my ultrasound and the tech told me "It's a Girl!" I literally bawled and shook like a baby and just kept asking her "Are you sure?, Are you really sure?" And then I got scared! What if I don't know how to be a mom to a girl, what if she doesn't like me from the time she is 13-21, will I know how to do the whole bow and tights thing? haha

These past 2 years have been basically what I have always wanted in life. Sure, we have had some hard times and obstacles with moving, jobs, life stresses... but the glue that held us together was our love for each other and my love for you,Palmer and your dad! You are a magnetic force of personality, energy, independence and sassy-ness!! WOW! I think that is why your bond with Palmer is SO strong because you balance each other out. He makes you a little more cautious and you make him a little more adventurous! haha
 So a little about you at 2! You are a TALKER!!! I am shocked by your ability to talk so much already. I think because you have an older brother and you are a girl ( I know these are stereotypes) but you are a talking machine! You have been putting sentences together forever and you LOVE to skype Neenie and Aunt Ashley and talk on the phone, already! (Yikes)
 Your are 2 going on 10! You are take charge, independent and you know what you want, when you want it! You weigh about 29 pounds and wear a 3T in almost everything!! We haven't gone to the dr for your check up yet but I am anxious to see how tall you are! Your favorite foods are hot dogs, cheese, roast beef, popcorn, cereal bars, chips and cheese, broccoli cheese soup and of course chicken nuggets and fries (oh my! At least there is one vegetable in that list! haha)
 You are ALWAYS on the go from the time you wake up till the time you go to bed! Your poor crib is on the floor because you climbed out a couple of months ago and I just wasn't ready for anymore sleepless nights so daddy found a way to put it on the floor and still be safe! I am not looking for a big girl bed for a while! You sleep every night from 7:30 to 7 am and still nap for about 2-3 hours a day! With the way you move and play throughout the day I think you have to require that much sleep, you are still into everything!
 You are happiest when you are with your brother!!! This morning and most every morning he opens his eyes and asks if "Annie Mason" is up yet. He went into the living room this morning and said "Please can we wake her up!" It is like you two can't stand to be apart! Watching you all be so close has probably been one of the greatest joys in my life! It makes me want to have 5 more babies! haha You absolutely LOVE Palmer... for you, he is "it"!!! You want to be just like him in every way!
 Palmer is just as equally crazy about you!!! He is such a good big brother to you and watches over you and makes sure you are doing ok! He wants you to do everything with him! Almost always our best times are just the 4 of us (and Molly) staying at home having movie and popcorn night! Those are the best and we probably do it at least 2 times a week! Nothing makes you happier than to have everyone together!
You are pretty much always happy and laughing! Everything is exciting and fun to you! Of course you throw your fits just like any other 2 year old but most of the time you are one happy, smiling, mischievous little girl! You are quite the daddy's girl even though you two butt heads. :) No one can rock you to sleep but daddy, I am sure he will always be your hero and I love that!

You have absolutely made me a better person and hopefully a better mom. I hope I am a good role model for you and I pray everyday to be a good example for you and your brother! Your dad and I love you more than words can express, you have been such a blessing to our family and I thank God every day for you! Thanks for being a wonderful daughter and sister and making us laugh on a daily basis!
Happy 2nd Birthday sweet girl!!!

1 comment:

Sweet Caroline said...

Oh man I told myself to remember to email you HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY (What C says) from Caroline but totally forgot...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY a few days late...I can't believe she is two, it was like yesterday when I got that EARLY Sat am call!lol You are an amazing mother so never doubt that...just look at what amazing kidos you have.