Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Thankful, Grateful and Everything in Between!

I wish I had some really cool stories or jaw dropping pics of the kiddos doing something hilarious but truth be told we haven't gotten out of our pjs today except to go to Blockbuster! Both kids managed to get the flu strand A AGAIN and strep throat!! I got the flu as well, so we are one pitiful crowd at this house! I laugh because A. I don't know how the kids got the flu strand A for a second time in 3 weeks and B. I guess I am the only person that didn't realize that you could get strep with NO tonsils??? haha We managed to spend $28 at Blockbuster and I am pretty sure we have enough movies and candy to compete with the nearest movie theatre!

 Ann Mason 2011

My title said I am grateful and thankful and I am! My heart has been heavy this week.... I have heard of more stories or tragedy and heartache than I care to ever hear about. People that are fighting for their lives, hurting beyond words and praying for miracles everyday. It makes me so sad and yet so grateful. If the flu spreading in our house or the loss of a job is the worst it gets then we are going to be OK! There was a time that I would have felt so sorry for myself and asked Why Me? and I am so blessed that today I get to thank God for all He has provided for us. He allowed me to have 2 beautiful children to take care of when they have the flu and He provided us a home to take care of those children when they get sick and He provides me with perspective everyday that let's me know that everything is going to be ok!
Palmer T 2011
There are so many people to pray for tonight. I wish I could do something to ease their pain.... I love this saying
"The Will of God will Never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

We are planning on staying in all weekend, I am sure there will be moments when we are ALL stir crazy but I am going to try and enjoy this down time as much as possible! Tex's birthday is Sunday so maybe he can get out of the house and watch the Superbowl at least!!

No comments: