Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Bass Pro Shop and Nesting


So, as a mother of a toddler I am quickly becoming quite the expert on free/really cheap winter entertainment. In previous posts I have blogged about chick-fil-a playground, the ship at the mall and pottery barn kids....but I think we hit an all time low or an all time jackpot depending on how you look at it. :)

Last night we met our friends Nikki, Jon, Reid (Palmer's best friend), and new 2 week old baby Alex at the Bass Pro Shop! Yes, friends you heard me right. There is a Bass Pro shop about 15 minutes away in Clarksville, In and is said to be the 2nd largest one in the country! We thought the boys would enjoy a little outdoor (but indoor) adventure! They LOVED it! They looked at fish, the aquarium, there was a shooting range with animals, they climbed on ATV's and climbed thru trees. As if this weren't great enough there happens to be a full service, pretty nice, restaurant in the Bass Pro shop so we thought we would also have dinner there!

3 Full Hours later we walked out of the Bass Pro Shop with tired toddlers, full bellies, and the satisfaction of a great night! I give the bass pro shop five stars on the free/really cheap entertainment!

****As for nesting I didn't know if it was ever going to come with this pregnancy. I have barely had the energy to shower these last few weeks but I put my mind to being productive this weekend and being productive is what I did! I started with Palmer's room and cleaned out the ENTIRE closet and all of the drawers in his room! We filled a 30 gallon Rubbermaid tub, and filled 2 trash bags to take to Goodwill! Any mom out there knows that cleaning a child's closet (if you are like me) brings some unhidden treasures. I was appalled that we had let one little child collect so many toys, clothes and other things! I then went to Ann Masons room and cleaned out her soon to be entire closet and organize all of the stuff that Tex and I bought at babies R us! I then went and cleaned out all 6 of my dresser drawers in my room! Goodwill is going to be SO glad when we make our delivery! I am proud to say that P and AM's rooms are beyond organized and spotless and our room is working toward that goal! I feel so much more ready to have the baby! I even half packed my bag and Ann Masons bag for the hospital! I LOVE NESTING! Now if I could just keep it this way.....

No comments: