Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow and Haircuts

Today turned out to kind of be a snow day! Not one where you get to peek outside and get excited to find out that you are off school and fall back into a deep sleep but rather one where you look outside realize that you HAVE to go to work and you think how the heck am I going to get out of the neighborhood! Yuck!

Thankfully Palmer and I managed to maneuver the mini up the the street after having to reverse all the way down the street and rev up some speed to get up the hill all while the neighbor is directing me! We made it to work and daycare and decided we had to go about our day.

We all got to leave early due to the freezing rain that is now coming down with intensity! Supposedly we are in for quite a winter storm! I am hoping that it is bad enough to NOT get out of the house tomorrow. Driving in the snow is one thing but ice is another!

Today was officially Palmer's first walk in the snow! It snowed last year around this time but he was just 7 months old. He LOVED it! He had on his brand new frog boots from Target that were perfect snow shoes! Here is a pic of him all decked out.



On a random note, everyone knows I love a bargain and can be rather tight when it comes to spending money (SOMETIMES). I can not understand why a 21 month old haircut should cost the same as a man's haircut. That said $15 is just ridiculous to me to get Palmer's haircut! Solution- Templeton Salon at the house! I am becoming a lot better at these cuts! I actually pick up the hair and cut it at an angle just like I have learned from watching people cut hair :) Here is a pic of Palmer after I got a hold of him last night :) I think it looks just as good as any $15 job!

2 comments:

Connie Shear said...

I could just climb through the computer screen to kiss my sweet darling baby boy! How cute is he in the snow with his new boots and his hair cut is amazing! You need to think of a new career! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful stories. We enjoy them more than you will ever know! I love you so much it literally hurts! MOM

JElmer said...

I love P's boots! I need a pair like that! If you can learn to highlight hair, I will definitely be your client! I used to cut Dwight's hair, but he fired me recdently. It only takes one little mess up to make your clientel go else-where! hee, hee!