Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

GIRLS NIGHT!

Last night was a long awaited girls night! I can't express how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. They are more than friends they are my family and I know that these friends will be there thru thick and thin. I never thought when I packed up for college and drove away that I would meet 11 of the most amazing girls in the world! 11 Girls, I know that sounds like a nightmare right? :) The greatest part, it isn't! These relationships have turned into the most easy, non-demanding and rewarding friendships you could ever ask for! Along the way we have added some new great friends but for the most part it has always remained mostly our core group.

We all live in Kentucky (Owensboro, Louisville and Bowling Green) and we used to try and get together more frequently at different locations but with time, marriage, kids, etc... things have slowed but we NEVER forget how important our girls nights are! I strongly believe that your girlfriends can fill a part of your life that your husband and family can not and you need them to balance out your world :)

Girls nights have definitely changed and evolved over the years. They have gone from empty bottles of wine strewn across the house and ash trays over filled with ciggerate butts and headached filled mornings to nice dinners discussing everything from marriage, careers, and babies! While the earlier girls nights were PLENTY of fun and crazy times I much prefer our girls nights now. I guess getting older helps! haha

Last night we trotted off to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner!!! I have to admit that my meal was mediocre but it was well made up for by the most delicious bites of cheesecake I have ever had! If you ever go to Cheesecake Factory order the DULCE DE LECHE CARMEL CHEESECAKE, you will have no regrets! Then we headed somewhere that is a little different for us, the bowling alley :) We only bowled one game and I doubt anyone could tell you their score but we had a great time talking, catching up and just laughing about old times!

I love these girls and I am SO glad that we are still close after all of these years! I love forward to girls nights for many years to come!



Kimmie, Blake, Katie and Erin



Tiff, Whit, Blake and Kimmie



Linds, Brook, Jamie and Jenny

2 comments:

JElmer said...

I am so glad that we still take time to get together. You are right, friends are so important, and our friendship is a very special one! It was great to see everyone, and I look forward to the next on in the boro....I love all of my girls!

esmith80 said...

Hey girlfriend!
I so love reading your blog!! Everytime I do it makes me cry! You always know how to word everything!I had sooo much fun this weekend!! I miss you all more than you will ever know. I can't wait for our next girls night!!
Love ya!