Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

RSV and a Confession

Well sickness strikes the Templeton's! Darn it! We have been doing SO good lately. I swear I am thinking it has been about 2 months since Palmer has been sick.

I picked him up yesterday from daycare and immediately could tell he just wasn't himself. We went home and got in the bath (with stress relief bubbles) and kept him cozy most of the night. He is just like his mommy and LOVES to take multiple baths when he is sick cause at about 7:00 he went upstairs on his own and whipped open the shower curtain and decided he needed another bath so of course his wish was my command!

Tex stayed home with him today and took him to the Dr and lo and behold it is RSV! Yuck! He has to have 2 breathing treatments a day and it looks like we are confined to the house all weekend!

I am choosing to view this as a positive considering there are many tasks that I need to accomplish around the house and this is as good of an excuse as any to get them done and not leave all weekend! We are going to stay in our pj's and get more organized for AM to get here!!

Well my confession is embarrassing.... I view myself as a decent cleaner and my house always seems to be picked up and clean enough for the most part. I would say that to the average person coming in, our house would look pretty darn clean! Well, one thing I have NEVER done in 3 1/2 years is clean my blinds or windows! I KNOW, that is GROSS!!! So, Tex has heard me gripe about this for months now and decided to do something about it. He started cleaning them and realized he would have to take them down to soak them there was SO much funk on them! I bet once they are clean I won't even notice them! How often do normal people clean their blinds and windows?

I have got to get on the ball and wipe down baseboards, etc.. but who really has time? Between work and getting ready to have 2 kids under the age of 2 I feel like I am treading water right now :) My goal is to suck it up and have someone come clean REALLY good the Friday before I have Ann Mason! I am also contemplating taking the mountain of laundry to the laundry mat and just knocking it out! Any suggestions on how to keep the cleaning under control? :) I might just succumb to the fact that my house will be a mess until the kids get a little older!

I will post some before and after pics from our organizing extravaganza this weekend!

1 comment:

JElmer said...

Blinds and windows are the WORST to clean. I think eveyrone puts that task off and saves it for last - don't feel bad!