Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Eve and New Years Day!

I hope everyone had a great time ringing in 2009! We had a great time but I am sure much more low key than most :)

NYE we decided to at least get out to go eat! We are at the stage with Palmer that we don't like to do this much. Tex and I LOVE to go out to eat but with a 19 month old the cons outweigh the pros and most of the time we just get take out or scratch the plan all together! So, we decided to take him somewhere that he would be mildly entertained such as BW3's (Tex suggested Hooters), etc... We finally decided on Fuji a hibachi grill type Japanese restaurant.

I am horrified to admit that I was so desperate to have a NICE meal with Tex that I did what I swore as a mother I would never do..... I packed the portable DVD player "just in case of an emergency"! I know GASP, GASP! I was just as appalled as you but again I was desperate. Of course that "emergency" happened in the first 2 minutes when Palmer pulled the infamous locked legs and wouldn't sit in his high chair so I busted it out immediately and tried to pretend I was noticing all of the disapproving looks from other parents, oh the shame! (Mind you the volume is NOT turned up so it doesn't really distract anyone else but Palmer :)

For the first part Palmer did great and ate 2 bowls of soup, a bowl of steamed rice and probably half of my steak! We got thru most of dinner great until the end but I will give him credit he is getting better! The little stinker just doesn't liked to be confined! Oh how I wish we had some built in babysitters here! You have NO idea!!! :) Maybe next year I will start in June asking people for NYE!

That night we hung out around the house and watched the Ryan Secrest countdown and fell asleep at 11:30! We tried to stay up till midnight!

Yesterday we had a GREAT start to 2009! We wanted to get out of the house and do something fun despite the freezing weather so we took Palmer up to the Cincinnati Children's Museum http://www.cincymuseum.org/! This is BY FAR the coolest place ever and for $20 for the whole family a trip that you just can't miss! If you live anywhere around Cincy it is well worth the drive! Palmer ended up being a great age for the kids museum I think any younger it might be hard but he ran with the best of them! It literally took Tex and I both running around to keep up with him! There was a Clifford Exhibit, Water and Sand toys, Blocks and Ball rooms, Grocery stores, bulldozers and an entire mini cave city where Palmer would wind his tiny way up all of the tunnels with Tex and I following him about to have a panic attack due to feeling claustrophobic :) My 8 month pregnant body was in no shape to climb and twist around and I am paying for it dearly today! It was such a NEAT trip, we can't wait to go again and bring some of P's friends next time!

It was such an eye opener when we were there that he is not momma's baby at all! He is this big boy that loves to discover things and has NO fear and will try anything once! It broke my heart into a million pieces but also made me so proud of the little independent person he is becoming!

All in All we started 2009 off with a bang! I have debated and debated about NYE resolutions but I decided not to really make any this year. Not because I don't need to improve drastically in many categories but because you make these resolutions and break them within 2 weeks! SO each day I am going to try and think of one thing that I can do better that day and hopefully that will keep me focused and on track!

I hope everyone's 2009 started off great! So Long 2008!!!

No comments: