Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Four

It is hard enough to even type that my baby boy is four let alone say it out loud. When they say to enjoy every moment because it goes by way too fast that is an understatement. These past four years have gone by in the blink of an eye! I look back now and feel like I have grown up with Palmer. I look back at how naive I was and how we didn't have a clue what we were doing as parents. We soon learned to forgo the books and do what our guts and hearts told us to do. What our guts and hearts told us to do was love our children unconditionally, if there is anything I have done right I truly feel like I have shown my kids that they are loved each and everyday. I may forget to brush teeth at night, our diets are NOT full of nutrition most days, rules are broken and mistakes are made but there isn't a day that goes by without tons of hugs, kisses and "I love yous" and hopefully in the end that will be what they remember about their childhood.
Palmer has this effect on me like no one else. He is my buddy, my right hand man, my mommas boy and my mini soul mate :) Palmer you have grown up SO much this year and I am SO proud of the boy you are becoming. You are so sweet and caring, you are so funny and witty, you are creative and intuitive and you never cease to make me laugh on a daily basis.

You LOVE your family beyond words. You are still the happiest when you are with your family whether it be with us, your cousins, grandparents, aunts or uncles, you love every minute of it! You don't need to be anywhere special but rather you enjoy those moments at home being surrounded by the people that mean the most to you in the whole world and I love that about you!

Your obsession for all  "trains, planes and automobiles" has not wavered. You probably can name more cars on the road than I can and as of right now you are torn between wanting a corvette convertible or a motorcycle when you grow up :) Maybe you will have both one day!

These two girls have your heart! I know I am bias but I really feel like what you and Ann Mason have is something I can't even find words for. You all love each other so deeply and strongly it is amazing. It is the reason I want to fill my home with more kids because of the bond that you two have. You are such a good big brother!!! And the little one to the right (Bellies) you are particularly fond of! She is the reason you ask me for a little sister on a daily basis :) You love her so much and find so much joy in watching her every move! Right now your cousins are your best friends and I hope that you always stay close with each other!

I am amazed by you everyday! You have become this confident, outgoing and caring little boy that isn't scared to try new things now and rides his bike at the speed of light! Gone are the days of my shy and cautious little boy, you have blossomed into quite the personality!

I'll love your forever, I'll like you for always...As long as I'm living my baby you'll be!

Happy 4th Birthday Palmer! You are such a joy in our hearts and a light in our lives! Love, Mommy, Daddy, Annie and Molly!

No comments: