Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Dreaded Family Christmas Photo Shoot


So you know how as an adult we have a lot of things that we have to do that we don't necessarily want to do? ha! Well, Christmas pics is in that category for me! I realize that no one is twisting my arm or telling me I HAVE to take them but I feel like it is my duty as a mom to take that annual happy family picture that we can look back on and laugh about in years to come!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pictures. Tex even asked me when we moved if I thought people would think it was weird that we had so many family photos hanging up but I love them and the bigger the better! What I am talking about is the hidden world behind the scenes of family photos. The begging, pleading, the sweating (me), the bribery, the crazy whisper voice threatening your children's life! haha! I hope you all know what I am talking about :)

This year we had a sweet family friend who was nice enough to bring her camera down and snap some photos. I might have had a coronary if we had to pay for a sitting fee and pictures this time because things were BAD!
Is anyone paying attention besides me? haha! These are the GOOD ones! Seriously Tex and I almost peed our pants because he ruined 80% of the pictures not the kids! He was looking in the polar opposite direction of the camera in 95/116 pics! WTH? :)

I was starting to sweat about here.... My mind was churning with things that I could bribe my kids with. Just PLEASE freaking look at the camera!~

Annie was starting to come along in some of these although she was too busy swing around the pole and I SERIOUSLY hope I never have to make that statement again concerning my daughter!

We both have tense smiles in this one I think I am starting to grind my teeth realizing this whole thing is a bust and not going to work!

Cute but Palmer looks disgusted!

Cute, right? Ok, what you don't know is Annie was banging herself into the door about 10 times disturbing EVERYONE in the coffee shop that I was forced in. We just happened to capture a brief pause.

Again, who is everyone looking at? Are there people around us that I don't see?

And I will end with the precious fake smiles that they LOVE to give as I am behind the camera saying please just smile like mommy said something funny, relax your face! I promise I am not a toddlers and tiaras stage mom, I just want a normal smile!

By the end of it I was tired, sweating and SO glad to be done! I don't know if any 20X24 canvas' will be going up this year but I do know this is what life is all about. This is the stuff we will laugh at when the kids are home from college and want to go thru old photos and I can exaggerate even more and tell them what heck they put me thru each year just trying to get a good family pic!

As much as I dread the prep and what happens at these photo shoots (meaning the crazy person that takes over myself and my kids) I love, love, love that we put ourselves thru it each year because I couldn't think of anything more precious than to look back and see the growth and changes as each year goes by and to think about all of the blessings that came with each stage!

No comments: