Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

BEST.WEEKEND.EVER

This seriously was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time! There wasn't anything spectacular about it, just one of those weekends that everything kind of meshed and you just walk away saying... that was the best kind of weekend!~

First off! UK WON!!! We will be rooting tonight (if I can stay up) to watch the Wildcats take on the Jayhawks for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! We LOVE the Wildcats and it has been so fun to watch them play this year. Palmer is a big cats fan and LOVES sporting his UK jersey and hats for all occasions! :)
Of course any good weekend ALWAYS consists of GOOD FOOD! We went to a friends house to watch the game Saturday night and I decided to go all out and make all of the appetizers I have been craving and let me tell ya... they did not disappoint! SO GOOD!

1. Texas Caviar

2 cans black eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1 Medium Chopped Sweet Onion
2 Tomatoes chopped
8 oz of Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 Cup of Chopped Jalapenos
1 Green Pepper Chopped
Mix and Chill for an hour and then right before serving slice up avocados and add!

2. Reuben Dip

1 Cup Mayo
2 Cups Mild Cheddar
2 Cups Swiss
8 oz Corn Beef
1 Can Sauerkraut (drained)
Mix together and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until lightly brown and bubbly!

3. Chicken Ranch Cheese Ball
(this was a new recipe and is a FAV! I could sit and eat this all day long!)

2 8 oz packages cream cheese (softened)
1 packet dry ranch mix
1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheese
5 oz Premium White Chunk Chicken
Mix, Roll in a ball and roll and cover with chopped pecans

Sunday was probably the single most productive day I have had since I moved  8 months ago! haha I got an all day energy burst and literally cleaned out the entire garage by myself! I looked and went thru all of our baby clothes, sorted and categorized them. Took an entire truck load of stuff to the dumpster and got a huge pile of clothes to wash and get ready for Chandler. We also did tons of yard work, cleaned up the back yard and I cleaned out my whole closet and switched all of my regular summer clothes to maternity clothes! I seriously felt like I had accomplished climbing mt Everest! It felt awesome! Those type of tasks weigh heavy on me for some reason and when they are completed I feel a little lighter!

The kids had a blast too playing with our neighbors in the yard, helping washing the cars and going thru (and trying to convince me not to throw old toys away) the garage! We were all worn out last night and slept good!
Great weekend for the record books! I can't wait till this weekend I have a forced day off on Friday since the kids are out of school! So Easter and a Long Weekend, sounds good to me! :)

No comments: